Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Restoring PDB fails with "RMAN-07551 & preplugin recovery must be completed"

 

RMAN PDB recovery command failing with 'RMAN-07551" 

















Issue : We have three PDBs in the CDB, VOL19CDB running on sourceh01 database server.  I took RMAN backup of the CDB database. Now I want to restore only one PDB, PDB2 on a new server.  I was was able to restore the PDB2 on the target host, cdbhost01 and when I was trying to recover the PDB , I ran into below issue.














The reason for this is that looks like we should exclude all the tablespaces of other PDBs that we don't want to recovery and this includes the UNDO tablespaces as well . I didn't knew that I should also include UNDO tablespaces . Once I included the UNDO tablespaces of other two PDBs (PDB1 and PDB3), rman recovery command ran fine.



















Good to know this :)


Thanks
Sambaiah Sammeta




No comments:

Post a Comment